Terms and Conditions
- A fee is charged for each class enrolled per term.
- Students are expected to attend all classes and an invoice will be raised for the whole term.
- Fees will only be pro rata when a student starts during a term.
- A pro-forma invoice for students who enroll during the year will be issued to enable payment immediately.
- Refunds will not be given for non-attendance.
- Invoices must be settled prior to the start of each term; or prior to starting classes following confirmation.
- Payment can be made:
- Through our Butterfly Studios App
- By bank transfer (details on invoices)
- Online via PayPal or Stripe
- In person with fees in an envelope with exact amount, clearly marked with student’s name and class to handed into the class teacher.
Register, attendance and absence
- A register for each class is maintained by the teacher and records student attendance for the purposes of health and safety and security. These records may also be used for the purpose of assessing student’s entry for RAD examinations.
- The payer will receive both verbal and written notice if payment has not been received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Butterfly Ballet School reserves the right to charge a late payment fee if an invoice remains unpaid after the first class of a new term Right to attend, change classes, withdrawal and termination of attendance
- If an invoice has not been paid at the start of term or upon enrolment, the student will not be admitted to any classes until the invoice has been paid in full.
- Butterfly Ballet School reserves the right at any time during the term to ask students to leave a class if any fees remain outstanding after the start of term.
- Students are required to give one term’s written notice if they wish to withdraw from classes.
- Where two or more siblings attend class, the youngest sibling will receive a sibling discount on all classes. The discount will commence at the start of the next term providing at least two siblings are still present.
- There are discounted rates for students who attend more than one class per week, and a family package of unlimited classes
- All guardians/parents must read and sign the Waiver on the App or in person.
- Physical contact may be necessary by members of the teaching faculty. If you have any concerns regarding this matter please contact the Principal.
Code of conduct
- A Code of Conduct is available to view on our website. Failure to observe the Code of Conduct may result in students being asked to leave. Butterfly Ballet School reserves the right to refuse any student prior to or after enrollment. No refund will be given if the Code of Conduct has been invoked.
- Butterfly Ballet School reserves the right to alter the advertised programme and faculty without prior notice. The information in this and any other printed or electronic brochure/notice was correct at the time of printing or publication on-line.
- Butterfly Ballet School holds information about our customers to enable us to carry out our business as a dance training organisation. This information includes the contact details you supply to us and may also include information on examinations, classes and student records.
- Butterfly Ballet School Ballet School will not disclose your information to third parties except where the law allows or requires, or where you have given your permission to do so.
Changes to the terms and conditions
- Butterfly Ballet School reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time providing one term’s notice is given to students. Agreement to the terms and conditions
- Parents and guardians of students attending classes are required to sign their acceptance of the terms and conditions for each student related to or their responsibility by signing the confirmation upon enrolment. Butterfly Ballet School accepts electronic signatures as if signed in the original Code of Conduct For all students, parents and guardians at Butterfly Ballet School
Expectations in respect of pupils admitted to Butterfly Ballet School
- The aim of Butterfly Ballet School is to ensure that all students experience dance in a fun, friendly, positive and safe environment. In order to achieve this, please take note of the following guidelines. We would like to stress that these points are of great importance in assuring the wellbeing of all students in the School. Any student unable or unwilling to profit from the education provided at the school may be asked to withdraw from the school after reasonable notice.
- For insurance and safety purposes all students must be registered in advance of attending classes. Butterfly Ballet School can only accept responsibility for enrolled students during class time. Registration can be completed on the APP, online or by completing a physical copy.
- It is vital that students arrive in good time for their classes. If students are late for class they may miss vital information and will impede the learning of others and place themselves at risk of injury should they miss the warm up section of the class.
- Attendance – Regular attendance is extremely important. If students do not attend on a regular basis then the development of the class and the individual student will be affected. Exam students’ attendance will be monitored as they prepare for their examinations and assessments and students who fail to attend classes and additional lessons may be withdrawn. Make up classes are available under certain circumstances. This can be discussed with your teacher.
- Students are expected to behave in an orderly, civilised and well-mannered way and to show respect to their teacher when attending Butterfly Ballet School. Students should also show respect to other students in their class. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in withdrawal from the Butterfly Ballet School.
- It is extremely important that students come to classes dressed in full uniform in order to be able to work correctly and safely in class and present a neat and elegant appearance.
- Hair must be tied back neatly and away from the face for all classes. For all grades classes students are expected to wear a bun.
- No jewellery (necklaces, braclets etc) please or items that may cause danger when moving and turning.
- New students are given a grace period to get uniforms. During this time, however, comfortable unrestricted clothing should be worn. For health and safety reasons those without ballet shoes should wear socks with grips.
- All clothing to have name tags or similar on school hoodies, cardigans etc.
- Entries for RAD examinations are at the discretion of Butterfly Ballet School. There are a number of factors considered like hours of study, attendance, age.
- Students should only get changed in the designated changing area in the presence of other students and/or teachers, but never alone with one adult.
- Parents/guardians are asked to drop off students directly before the start of their class. Students must be collected promptly at the end of class.
- Students should make sure that they keep their valuable personal items with them at all times. Butterfly Ballet School regrets that we cannot be held responsible if items go missing. Names on all property.
Remuneration and Fees
- As per the Terms and Conditions; fees must be paid before the student’s first class of each term. Failure to do so may result in withdrawal from classes.
Data Protection Policy
- Butterfly Ballet School staff members are not at liberty to enter into conversation with or disclose any information to parents relating to other students. Student’s information is confidential and retained in accordance with the Butterfly Ballet School Data Protection Policy.
Visual and Social Media
- Butterfly Ballet School does not publish or post any images (static or moving) of children under the age of 18, across any of its online channels without prior written consent, and publishes minimal personal information alongside images.
Health and Safety
- If students hurt themselves in class or feel unwell at any point, they should tell their teacher or member of staff immediately
- Butterfly Ballet School is a work place and respect must be given to all staff. There must be no running or shouting in the building or grounds
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Fire regulation: if the fire alarm sounds, students must make their way immediately to their nearest available Fire Exit and a role call will be taken
- Parents/guardians are asked to drive with due care when dropping off and collecting their children from classes. At Butterfly Studios, Meath Enterprise Centre, please observe and keep the speed limit at all times.
- Children’s scooters, skateboards and rollerskates/rollerblades must not be ridden/used anywhere inside the building.
- No running in the studio.