Dance & Wellness
Our upcoming classes will include Dance, Yoga, Exercise and Mindfulness. We also offer Cancer Treatments and Bodywork Therapies.
What We Offer
Butterfly Ballet School
Butterfly Ballet School is a Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) registered school for children age 3 and upwards. Students benefit from the internationally recognised Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) syllabus which, is one of the most researched and formulated educational organisations in ballet. These classes provide numerous benefits such as physical stamina creativity, expression and musicality. We also hold classes for preschool ballet and junior dancers in the Solstice Arts Centre in Navan and Club Active in Kells.
“I studied RAD Ballet and ISTD Theatre from a young age. I recently completed the CBTS program with the Royal Academy of Dance to achieve teaching status”Caroline Kennedy CBTS RAD RTS (Principal)
Join A Class Today!
Yoga 6 week €50 or €10 drop in
Yoga Barre Classes
Yoga Barre: €10 drop in or €35 4 weeks
Silver Swans: €35 4 weeks
Why Choose Us
Avail of 1 to 1 lessons
Butterfly Studios classes range from 1 to 1 sessions, customised exclusively for your specific needs to group classes.
Key Over 55 Facts
Key Facts about this Demographic
- There are over 23.6 million people aged 50 years and over, over a third of the total UK population
- The number of people aged 60 or over is expected to pass the 20 million mark by 2030
- Current UK estimates from the Office for National Statistics for female life expectancy at birth are 82.8 years and 79.1 years for men
- By 2020 it is predicted that 20% of the UK population will be 65+ and that one in four of us alive today will live to be over 100 thanks to basic advances in nutrition, hygiene and medicine
- Between 2012 and 2050, the United States will experience considerable growth in its older population. In 2050, the population aged 65 and over is projected to be 83.7 million, almost double its estimated population of 43.1 million in 2012
- During 2000–2030, the worldwide population aged 65 and over is projected to increase by approximately 550 million to 973 million.
Dance, Health & Wellbeing Facts
The health related benefits of dance are well documented. Scientific research has established that 75% of the factors affecting quality of life and longevity are lifestyle related and only 25% are in fact hereditary. So it is clear that dance, along with other physical activities, has a vital role in ensuring a good quality of life for longer, given extended life expectancies.
Research has positioned dance ahead of other physical activity in terms of the extent of its health promoting benefits including:
- improving balance, minimising falls
- slowing down ageing (connected to calming the immune system)
- increasing cognitive ability (by promoting new synapse connection)
Likewise the social benefits of dance amongst this age group have also been well documented.
Silver Swans® classes have been specifically designed for the over-55s, but whatever your age, if you are looking for a new way to keep fit and active our ballet classes will put a spring in your step. Whether you’ve never danced before or want to get back into the swing of it, our classes have something for everyone.
The RAD developed this programme based on research into dance practice for older learners.
Classes are only taught by Silver Swans licensed teachers.
What People Are Saying
“Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc, rutrum quis nunc sed, feugiat hendrerit massa. In cursus ornare sollicitudin.”Antonio Compbell
“Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc, rutrum quis nunc sed, feugiat hendrerit massa. In cursus ornare sollicitudin.”Helena Smith
“Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc, rutrum quis nunc sed, feugiat hendrerit massa. In cursus ornare sollicitudin.”Isabella Edwards Compbell
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Ready to Make a Change?
Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc. Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc.